[gfsd]Re: Cobol missing on webpages and non-existent links.

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [gfsd]Re: Cobol missing on webpages and non-existent links.
Date: 23 Feb 2001 21:06:34 -0500

Paul Visscher <address@hidden> writes:

> Something weird is happening with /software/software.html - Emacs is
> telling me that it is a read-only buffer, but:
>
> address@hidden [03:01pm] /var/www/software$ ls -lF software.html
> -rw-rw-rw-   1 jonas    www         64242 Feb 19 14:48 software.html
>
> I'm not sure why it is like this.

It probably has something to do with the fact that software.html is
managed under CVS (there is a CVS directory in ~www/software, and
software.html is listed in CVS/Entries), and the fact that you are not
the owner of the file.

Anyway, you should start modifying web pages through CVS now.  On your
home machine, do a "cvs -d address@hidden:/webcvs co software"
(or software/software.html for just that one file), and take it from
there.

        Mark