gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename on steroids

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename on steroids
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:16:24 +0100

Piotr,

Your regex magic works now for me :)) and yes i missed the space...

> I've just started work on profiles ;o)

That's the Great News of this night ^^

> > How about mtime instead ? Gives you additional feedback for rename success.
>
> Hmmm, I am not convinced - the information should be given the same as
> in main window.

So...can i somehow apply mtime to the main window too ? (It should be a small
hack no?)

> > that's ok. But i don't understand why F3 on focussed (selected) would be
> > wrong. I mean, it's just like we are used to how F3 works, no ?
>
> It is not wrong, but IMO it can a bit misleading why sometimes F3 works
> and the other - not...

Oh i missed your point, sorry. You're talking about 'focus overtrumps
selection' for F3, right ?
Hmmm...i see. Ok, you win :)

> Windows FAT: one can't rename FiLe.ExT -> file.ext

.... that's what i call bordercase...*sigh*

> > I'm sorry i'm again asking only for features (instead of doing something
> > useful); i hope you know i'm ok with anything you can offer, in any way.
>
> That's ok - it's good to discuss with somebody else (not that biased as
> me ;o)

But it would be good to also discuss with somebody else (not that biased as me
;o)