gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] free the mount buttons !

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] free the mount buttons !
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:44:02 +0100

> > Just an idea: we could use advrename template scheme for passing
> > parameters to the custom program (eg. $n for filename without extension,
> > $p for parent path and so on) - that should work pretty well with single
> > files, but what to do with multiple selections? How other file managers
> > do deal with custom programs parameters?
>
> I think that in 99% of cases what you want is the file name (because that's
> what you selected) and that anything else can be left to script - but YMMW.

Good point. Anyway we'd need some 'placeholders' which will be expanded
while executing the command - I propose the following:

    %f  file name (or list for multiple selections)
    %F  escaped filename (or list for multiple selections)
    %p  full file system path (or list for multiple selections)
    %P  escaped full  files ystem path (or list for multiple selections)
    %u  fully qualified URI for the file (or list for multiple
selections)
    %d  full path to the directory containg file
    %D  escaped full path to the directory containg file
    %s  synonym for %p (for compatibility)
    %%  percent sign

The same may apply to all defined applications (like editor, viewer,
etc.). What about it?

Piotr