gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] free the mount buttons !

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] free the mount buttons !
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:45:18 +0100

> How about this:
>
> 1)
>
> Settings -> Options-> Devices:
>
> Can put a %f (or so) as device (or mountpoint) so the selected file (dir)
> will be used (this first, if many). Thus, i would need only one button for
> all devices that are in fstab.
>

> 2) Tool buttons
>
> Finally use mount buttons as template for an extension to 'Programs'
> settings, where i can have <program> executed instead of 'mount'. So this
> would be just another way to invoke scripts or plugins. Works on selected
> files. I can put up tool buttons for often used tasks, and don't need to
> scroll all the way through my myriads of context-menu-entries.
> Useless, but nice.
>

> 3) Keyboard shortcuts for user custom programs. Makes all above and most of
> my previous mails obsolete :

I like the option #3. Quite easy to implement - added as TODO for 1.2.6.

Just an idea: we could use advrename template scheme for passing
parameters to the custom program (eg. $n for filename without extension,
$p for parent path and so on) - that should work pretty well with single
files, but what to do with multiple selections? How other file managers
do deal with custom programs parameters?

Piotr