gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:09:21 +0100

Micha wrote:
> Compiled, and running, on both i386 and AMD64. I'll move back to gcmd
> on both my new boxes. I note that i have to install python2.4-dev for
> python-support. (Debian unstable/testing)
>
> Piotr:
>> * faster and more robust code
>
> Do you mean C++ is faster in runing or in writing code ... ? I always
> thought plain C is fastest.

There is no simple answer or "linear" function, but there is a lot of
myth about which one performs better C/C++.
There is *no* reason to consider C++ language as slower than C, by
design or any other factor.

Although, the only answer is "measure it".

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net