gcc-conf-discuss

Re: template for the GCC conference

From: Masayuki Ida
Subject: Re: template for the GCC conference
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:13:23 -0400 (EDT)

This is a memo in a quite early stage, sent to bkuhn.
(and he gave me some quick feedback.)
I myself easily find many sentences to correct, too.
But, anyway, it may be a sort of starting point.

 >>Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:53:18 -0400 (EDT)
 >>From: Masayuki Ida <address@hidden>
 >>

 >>The following is just a template, YET
 >>

 >>========================================================================================
 >>       International Workshop on
 >>                GCC
 >>          and    SOME SUBTITILE
 >>
 >>     http://www.fsf.org/GCC2003/
 >>
 >>         June, XX-YY,  2003
 >>       Sun Francisco (tentative)
 >>
 >>-  Workshop Objectives
 >>-  Invited Speakers
 >>-  Important Dates
 >>-  Submission Details and Contact
 >>-  Publication
 >>-  Organizing and Program Committee
 >>-  Registration
 >>-  Sponsorship
 >>

 >>WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES
 >>
 >> The workshop will be organized to discuss the following issues:
 >> -   communications among all aspects of the GCC related, including compiler
 >> implementers,
 >>CPU chip designers, application writers, and users
 >> -  exchange the idea on exploring the future of GCC.
 >> -  Some examples are discussions on the which CPUs GCC will support,
 >>      which developement environment will be in the future,
 >>      which optimization we can use in the future,
 >>      what applications have what issues on GCC langugae design and specific
 >> GCC compiler
 >> -  BOFs, keeping in touch with each other
 >>
 >>The topic of the workshop includes (but is by no way limited to) the
 >>following:
 >>
 >>   RELEVANT SUBJECT AREAS
 >>     -
 >>     -
 >>     -
 >>     -
 >>
 >>INVITED SPEAKERS
 >>   RMS  on " ...... "

I found a leader of the software tools at a japanese game machine
manufacturer, which uses GCC in very serious manner.