Re: [ft] Freetype x86

From: Semeriak, AleksandraX
Subject: Re: [ft] Freetype x86
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 11:06:08 +0000

Hello Werner,

We have been looking into the use of Freetype and the compatibility with x86
devices, and as you noted in your first email,  it should run on
any platform, as it creates Libs/armeabi/libfreetype.so,
libs/armeabi-v7a/libfreetype.so or libs/x86/libfreetype.so depending on the
APP_ABI configuration of the software developer. Therefore my question would be
if you provide specific scripts to developers using Freetype to build their
library or is this the main source that developers use:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenGL_Programming/Installation/Android_NDK#FreeType
 ? In that case, since the wiki-resource doesn't have any mention of the
creation of x86 libs for the developers, would it be possible for you to add
the instructions for developers to inform them about the possibility of setting
their APP_ABI as APP_ABI:=all or APP_ABI:=armeabi-v7a x86 to create
applications with x86 support?

Please let me know in case of any questions. Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Aleksandra Semeriak
Intel Software Partner Program
+44 3300088836
address@hidden
aleksandra.semeriak.work

 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Intel is committed to protecting your privacy. For more information about
Intel's Privacy Notice, please visit www.intel.com/privacy
or write Intel Corporation, ATTN Privacy, Mailstop RNB4-145, 2200 Mission
College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA.