Re: [ft] Ongoing Re: Installation issue

From: Jeffry Killen
Subject: Re: [ft] Ongoing Re: Installation issue
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 23:51:03 -0700

On May 17, 2015, at 10:55 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

MAKE=/usr/local/bin/make ./configure ran fine

OK.

Make did not

# make

Well, you've explicitly selected GNU make for the `configure' script
via the `MAKE' variable.  I think it is not a big surprise to conclude
that you need GNU make for running the makefiles also :-)

Call

 /usr/local/bin/make

(within a bash or sh shell) instead of `make'.

   Werner

O.K. Thank you:
so the first line: MAKE=/usr/local/bin/make ./configure doesn't preserve the setting. That's how I learn. I try to read and interpret the instructions, but I often get it wrong.

I do appreciate your insight
JK