[ft] Installation issue

From: Jeffry Killen
Subject: [ft] Installation issue
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 14:38:35 -0700

Hello;

I am trying to compile and install freetype 2.4.0 on FreeBSD v10.1 system

I have not installed gui software. This is for the sake of php gd extension only

Viewing the requirement for GNU make, I downloaded, compiled and installed it.
(GNU make v4.1)

In the /usr/local/bin dir I ran make -v and got the version
# and info. So I know that it exists and is working.

Now when I cd into the freetype dir and run
GNUMAKE=/usr/local/bin/make ./configure

I am greeted with the statement
 GNUMAKE=/usr/local/bin/make command not found

The shell is csh.

Any guidance on this issue?

The machine is not connected to the internet, so I
cannot use ports. And if I download an place the
tarball in the ports install dir and the port set to
look for a different version, it will ignore what I put
in the install dir and try to get the version it wants
from the net.

I am in the for-dummies-learn-by-doing
phase, so please have patience.

Thank you for time and attention