Re: [ft] Installation issue

From: Jeffry Killen
Subject: Re: [ft] Installation issue
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 15:41:00 -0700

On May 17, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I am trying to compile and install freetype 2.4.0 on FreeBSD v10.1
system

Version 2.4.0 is very old.  You might try the current release, 2.5.5.

I missed this on the freetype site. I thought 2.4.0 was the latest version.
I will look again;

Viewing the requirement for GNU make, I downloaded, compiled and
installed it.  (GNU make v4.1)

OK.

In the /usr/local/bin dir I ran make -v and got the version
# and info.  So I know that it exists and is working.

OK.

Now when I cd into the freetype dir and run
GNUMAKE=/usr/local/bin/make ./configure

I am greeted with the statement
GNUMAKE=/usr/local/bin/make command not found

The shell is csh.

It seems that for the csh family you have to use `setenv' or `set'.  I
strongly suggest that you use bash or sh for running FreeType's
configure script – I'm not a csh user, and scripts are tested for sh
(and bash) only.

Of course, patches are highly welcome to support csh also (in case
there is some necessary work to do)...

   Werner

Thnak you for the resonse
JK