Re: [ft] [ft-devel] Windows x64 Build

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] [ft-devel] Windows x64 Build
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:21:09 +0200 (CEST)

> Ok, it's done. File is attached as 7zip file.

Thanks.  Since this is a 15MByte archive, you won't see it on the
list.

Some observations while doing a diff between the archive and the git:

  o It seems that the vc2010 files can be used out of the box for
    Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 also, which would be good.

  o I will neither put the (extremely large) .sdf nor the .suo files
    into the git repository.  According to info in the net, those
    files are regenerated as soon as you open the project files.

  o Do I need a special `win64' directory at all?  It seems to me that
    your new project files simply add a 64bit option; there isn't any
    other change I can recognize.  This would greatly simplify the
    whole issue.

    To test that, I ask you to start with a freshly unpacked FreeType
    archive, then overwrite the three files in `builds/win32' with the
    files from your `builds/win64'.  Theoretically, this should be
    sufficient to see a 64bit build option.

Please comment.