Re: [ft] [ft-devel] Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek fonts questions

From: Eben Sorkin
Subject: Re: [ft] [ft-devel] Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek fonts questions
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:06:47 -0400

Maybe you are right. I am not sure.

The ideal thing would be for FreeType to suppress this difference in the EF at
small heights and let it register at larger ones.

The real problem might come if it changes its mind intermittently. It is that
kind of irregularity that will send the most serious people off to manual
hinting again.

What do you expect will happen? I am about to find out because i am adding
Cyrillic to Merriweather and will be hinting it with TTFA. :-)

-e.