Re: [ft] [ft-devel] Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek fonts questions

From: Eben Sorkin
Subject: Re: [ft] [ft-devel] Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek fonts questions
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 04:23:01 -0700

Cyrillic glyphs need two accommodations. The letter Ef in capital form should
overshoot the usual cap height AND overshoot. Free type should allow for this
exception in some way. This is a one-off. The other issue is more systematic.
Small caps in Cyrillic may need to have their own height which differs from the
one used by the Latin. Again, it would be ideal if free type knows this can
happen.

Sent from my iPhone