Re: [ft] Font rendering quality

From: jason campbell
Subject: Re: [ft] Font rendering quality
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:15:51 -0400

Well there's something wrong with the POST table of the font, and the unicode values of many, if not most, characters are incorrect.

But the rendering behavior you're seeing is because of poor hints, in particular the hints for the curved vertical strokes, between 9-27. The gasp table does indeed call for grid fitting at those sizes, but the stem values fail, leaving them poorly rendered. You would get better results with the Freetype autohinter, I'm afraid.

--
Jason Campbell
address@hidden