[ft] Different rendering in 2.4.x and 2.3.5

From: Vinnie
Subject: [ft] Different rendering in 2.4.x and 2.3.5
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 09:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

Wojtek Mamrak wrote

"I observed some differences in how fonts are rendered. Here is the screen
showing same text rendered with the same font family and font size:"

I have noticed this myself. In fact the entire display in my application is
broken now. The problem happens when hinting is enabled. If you turn off
hinting, the line weights will all look correct. Of course, then hinting won't
work.

I don't have enough knowledge about Freetype to track this down, so if someone
else could figure it out that would be great.

Thanks!