[ft] Different rendering in 2.4.x and 2.3.5

From: Wojtek Mamrak
Subject: [ft] Different rendering in 2.4.x and 2.3.5
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:03:29 +0200

Hello,

I observed some differences in how fonts are rendered. Here is the screen showing same text rendered with the same font family and font size:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3171/freetype.jpg

As you can see I used the most recent version of the library and some older one.
Which render style is expected?

Also please notice how "I" letter in 2.4 is rendered. I am using OpenGL and GL_ALPHA16 as internal glTexImage2D format and GL_LUMINANCE_ALPHA as format.
Do you have any idea about origin of these defects?

thanks in advance
thank you for the great library!

regards
Wojtek