Re: [ft] Using SVG Font Glyph Data In FreeType

From: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute
Subject: Re: [ft] Using SVG Font Glyph Data In FreeType
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:30:13 -0700

On Apr 8, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Andy Kellett wrote:

> Hi, Tom
>
> Thank-you for your example. A small piece of code speaks a thousand words :)
> Im able to better make sense of that command now I have seen your example.

Good!

> I'm guessing that GRID_SIZE is just a numeric value to depict a
> largest-possible grid size to work with, also im not sure what your define of
> FT_HALF_PIXEL refers to.

#define GRID_SIZE 128 /* assuming coordinates vary between 0.0 and 128.0; you
may need a different value */

#define FT_HALF_PIXEL 32L /* a whole pixel is 64 */

> I agree with your statement about not re-writing all of SVG, seeing as 99% of
> what I need is the display of text for these silly catalogue articles,
> besides a couple of boxes and shapes, theres nothing else used from the SVG
> standard. Thank-you.

Good luck!

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)
☯