Re: [ft] Using SVG Font Glyph Data In FreeType

From: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute
Subject: Re: [ft] Using SVG Font Glyph Data In FreeType
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:01:23 -0700

On Apr 7, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Andy Kellett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I did see this response. While it did answer some questions, I still had
> more based on it, this example assumes the path data is already converted for
> example.

If you're looking for sample code that reads SVG, I don't think that's
something FreeType does. The FreeType side is relatively easy, and Werner has
shown you sample code for that. The SVG side is not trivial; it requires XML
parsing and should probably be done with a library for SVG (but I don't know
what library to recommend).

>>> Converting the font to a
>>> TTF just to read it defies the purpose of them using SVG in the
>>> first place;

I'm curious (being interested in SVG-to-FT_Outline conversion myself), what is
that purpose and what would be the harm in defying it?

Best wishes,

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)
☯