Re: [ft] Modifying/Enhancing the Truetype Interpreter

From: Moony
Subject: Re: [ft] Modifying/Enhancing the Truetype Interpreter
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:47:07 -0600

Yes, this was more of a "show" than something useful. ;) I'll see if I can whip up something in Imagemagick to do diffs between screenshots (even subpixel). A nice option to ftview/ftdiff might be png output!

This is not very useful IMHO.  It's too much information.  What I
would really like to see is a before-after comparison of single fonts,
at various pixel sizes.  Then it's easy to do blink comparisons.
Perhaps you can write a small script which generates such images
automatically, perhaps even generating a `diff' image which marks the
changed pixels with, say, red.

I've used the script below for B/W images; maybe it can be extended
accordingly.