Re: [ft] diff Pixel height

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] diff Pixel height
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:14:02 +0100 (CET)

> So,You mean irrespective of what ever we do...the BBox is Always
> negative.

For this glyph, yes.

> In your previous reply you said, the only way to get the exact
> metrics is to render _all_ glyphs.

Sorry for being ambiguous.  It either means:

  . To get the smallest global bounding box of a font you have to
    render all glyphs of a font

or

  . To get the smallest bounding box of a glyph string you have to
    render all glyphs of the string.

> Reason is, Output from my program will be used by another tool,
> which doesnt understand the hinting process.  So if i would like to
> provide the exact metrics of a glyph.  How can i do?

As I told you already multiple times: You have to render the glyphs to
get exact bounding boxes, regardless whether you use hinting or not.