Re: [ft] diff Pixel height

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] diff Pixel height
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:25:41 +0100 (CET)

> ....******
> ...***.***
> ...**..***
> ..********
> .***...**.
> .**....**.
> **.....**.
>
> Where in in Set_Char_size i gave character size as 12.  I thought i
> will be getting the height of 12 pixels irrespective of the
> character.

I wrote:

  If you specify a glyph size of 10 pixels you can expect that it
  (more or less) harmonizes with other fonts rendered at a size of 10
  pixels.  It is completely unrelated to the actual size of the
  glyphs.

What is unclear in this sentence?

> Also, dont know why am i getting just a empty row at the end of
> glyph "A" and one column for glyph "G" at the beginning?

If you are using anti-aliasing there might be some non-zero gray
values in this row or column.  Otherwise, I need a complete example to
find out what's going on).