Re: [ft] diff Pixel height

From: samaram s
Subject: Re: [ft] diff Pixel height
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:32:17 -0500

Thank You Werner.

I tried as you said CBox to get the actual dimensions of the Glyph.
 FT_Glyph_Get_CBox(glyph, FT_GLYPH_BBOX_PIXELS, &bbox);
        fprintf( stderr, "bbox = [%ld %ld %ld %ld]\n",
            bbox.xMin, bbox.yMin, bbox.xMax, bbox.yMax );

I got the follwoing for Glyph g and Glyph a respectivelly.

bbox = [0 3 12 14]

.......****.
.....*******
....****..*.
...***...**.
..***.******
..**.*******
.**..*...***
.**......**.
.***...****.
.*********..
...*****....

bbox = [0 2 10 14]

.......**.
......***.
.....****.
....******
...***.***
...**..***
..********
..********
.***...**.
.**....**.
**.....**.

Where in in Set_Char_size i gave character size as 12.I thought i will be getting the height of 12 pixels irrespective of the character.
Also,dont know why am i getting just a empty row at the end of glyph "A" and one column for glyph "G" at the beginning?
Does it too corresponds to the glyph's bit map buffer ?

Could you please explain me if my understanding is wrong?

Thanks a lot...

-Sam

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am setting my glyph size as 10,on 72dpi.
>
> I assumed i will be getting a glyph height of 10 pixels, But it is
> not?

Correct.  If you specify a glyph size of 10 pixels you can expect that
it (more or less) harmonizes with other fonts rendered at a size of
10 pixels.  It is completely unrelated to the actual size of the
glyphs.  To get the real glyph dimensions, compute the glyph's CBox
(which should be sufficient in most situations).