Re: [ft] Standard Library Dependencies in freetype-2.3.7

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Standard Library Dependencies in freetype-2.3.7
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 03:31:36 +0900

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:49:58 +0200
Mickey Gabel <address@hidden> wrote:

>I am trying to use a customized FT2 build for an embedded system, where
>memcpy does not exist. In fact, most of the standard library is not there.

Oh, I was thinking memcpy() was standardized in C89 (so-called
ANSI C) and later standard C library has it. Do you mean you
want to use pre-C89 environment? FreeType2 is designed for
C89 and later, and I'm afraid that some available functions
(with same-name of C89 spec) works differently from C89 spec.
So you may get some errors that FreeType2 developers never
expected. Please post more detailed description on your environment.

>Using the latest stable release (2.3.7), I can see that FT2 makes some
>direct calls to memcpy instead of ft_memcpy.
>For example, see ftsmooth.c line 297.
>Is this a bug? I shouldn't have to change ftsmooth.c, right?

I guess they are bugs, ft_memcpy() should be used.

>Also, I am concerned about the use of setjmp/longjmp. Is there a way to
>not use it? Or at least use FT2 in a such a way that those functions are
>never called?

If you disable anti-alias module, AAT/OpenType validator modules,
you can exclude most setjmp/longjmp, but I have no idea to disable
setjmp in src/sfnt/ttcmap.c.

Regards,
mpsuzuki