Re: [ft] font size issue since 2.2

From: Łukasz Mierzwa
Subject: Re: [ft] font size issue since 2.2
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:17:24 +0200

Wednesday 04 of April 2007 23:09:31 Werner LEMBERG napisał(a):
> > I just rechecked 2.1.10, 2.2.1 and 2.3.2 versions and only 2.3.2
> > give bigger fonts,
>
> Mhmm, the suggestion to use ftview for comparison purposes was not
> optimal because we've changed the presentation of fonts slightly.
> Instead, ftstring should be used.  I just did the test by myself:
> Version 2.1.10, 2.3.2, and the current CVS give exactly the same
> results.  This is with LucidaGrande.ttf, version 4.0d21.
>

>     Werner

I was not totaly corrent about 2.2.1, it keeps most fonts sizes but fonts with
my national characters are stretched verticaly.

attached screenshot, look at last 6 characters, this happens only when I set
size to 9, other sizes are not stretched. It only happens with Lucida Grande
and Lucida Consola.