Re: [ft] font size issue since 2.2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] font size issue since 2.2
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:29:45 +0200 (CEST)

> I was not totaly corrent about 2.2.1, it keeps most fonts sizes but
> fonts with my national characters are stretched verticaly.

I can't repeat that.  Using

  ftstring -r 96 -m "ąa ćc ęe" 9 LucidaGrande.ttf

with both 2.2.1 and the 2.3.3 I get correct results, using the
bytecode interpreter.  It seems that you are using 2.2.1 without
autohinting.  Here I see something similar what you report.  However,
this has improved in the 2.3.3 -- it no longer magnifies these
accented characters incorrectly.