Re: IMPORTANT! Re: [ft] Problem with Verdana Bold

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT! Re: [ft] Problem with Verdana Bold
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:46:36 +0100 (CET)

> As far as I can see, my interpreter skips over some vital Delta
> instructions in "N" because store[2] != 6.  store[2] happens to be
> 1. (I've got no idea what the value in store[2] stands for.)

This is hot information!  Using FontForge (2006-Nov-13) to debug at
15ppem (72dpi), the first run to debug glyph `N' yields the correct
result, and both the first and second RS operations (which access
store[2]) return 0.  The latter makes that the branch starting at
bytecode position 156 (PUSHB_1, 17, MPPEM, GT, IF, ...)  is executed
which gives the correct shape of the glyph.

However, debugging it a second time, both RS operations return the
wrong result `1'.

Currently, I can't debug the fpgm/prep tables with FontForge because
it crashes.  Rogier, maybe this information gives you further hints.
It seems that we have wrong assumptions on the storage area, and how
RS/WS interact with the CVT.