Re: IMPORTANT! Re: [ft] Problem with Verdana Bold

From: Rogier van Dalen
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT! Re: [ft] Problem with Verdana Bold
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:09:23 +0100

On 11/14/06, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Attached is a screenshot of kfontviewer showing Verdana Bold at
> > > some sizes. Notice that 2nd and 3rd entries show that "N"
> > > character is badly displayed.
> >
> > Confirmed.  David's latest changes to the bytecode interpreter (to
> > make it work the same as the Windows rasterizer) are still buggy.
> > AFAIK, he hasn't fixed this yet.
>
> Thanks for confirming.

Bad news: The bug in verdanab is *not* related to the recent updates
in the bytecode interpreter (which are now disabled temporarily).  It
is already present in 2.1.10.

I did as much investigation as my time allowed. This error happens
with my TrueTypeViewer as well. As far as I can see, my interpreter
skips over some vital Delta instructions in "N" because store[2] != 6.
store[2] happens to be 1. (I've got no idea what the value in store[2]
stands for.)
Hope this helps,
Rogier