[ft] Glyph hinting problem with TT hinter

From: Sergey Tolstov
Subject: [ft] Glyph hinting problem with TT hinter
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:53:16 -0800

Hello,

When we render glyph 58 (letter W) from the font Arial Unicode MS, we
get asymmetric shape at some sizes. GDI displays the characters nicely.

The problem is in tt hinting interpreter apparently, because the shape
is asymmetric a little if we draw the hinted geometry also.

pImageType->width = height = 20
pImageType->flags = 0x00022208
FTC_ImageCache_Lookup(m_hImageCache, pImageType, 58, pGlyf, pNode);

The quality of text with MS UI Gothic is also bad, when hinting is on.

TrueType hinter is used.
Freetype version 2.1.10.

May be this has been fixed in CVS?

Thanks,