[ft] Bytecode enabled rendering

From: Anton Danilov
Subject: [ft] Bytecode enabled rendering
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:16:37 +0300

Hi All,

I searched the list and found that some people already had similar problems to mine, but not exactly, maybe.

For example, here:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype/2004-02/msg00024.html

Kaya point out some aliasing-enabled rendering problems.

I am experiencing problems with aliasing-disabled rendering, and if you look at Kaya's screenshot (my system, and any other will probably do, shows just the same behaviour)

http://kayalabs.com/images/tahoma.png

you will see the difference in rendering Tahoma's 8 and v -- in freetype's version you have just one more pixel and it's really disturbing and annoying.

The same, some symbols from Times New Roman, 14 are displayed with the same bug symbol and the same situation is with almost all bytecode-enabled fonts.

What can be the trouble? Maybe that could be somehow fixed? The reason why this extra pixels can disturb and annoy is that Tahoma, 8 pt is a small font, and with anti-aliasing off it's "8" or "v" has only a little amount of pixels, and every extra pixel is very clearly seen.

Anton