RE: [ft] Still no luck not including modules

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft] Still no luck not including modules
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:27:10 +0200

I'm _heavily_ using the Jamfiles myself, so I tend to update them before
the Makefiles.

> The only way I could get things to work the way I thought they should
> work is to delete the winfonts directory in src.

Or you can rename the 'rules.mk' files to something else, that should
be enough for the Make build system.

If you use the Jamfiles, you can define an environment variable that lists
all the components you want to compile, separated by spaces. Each component
is the name of a sub-directory under 'src', e.g.:

export FT2_COMPONENTS="base raster smooth sfnt truetype"
jam

but you still need to manually update <freetype/config/ftmodule.h> to change
the list of modules statically linked to ftinit.c though.

At the moment, the configuration process doesn't allow you to make this step
automatic. This could be handy, but I can think of a portable way to do that
simply at the moment. Probably some Python script to come in the future if
this becomes really necessary.

Regards,

- David Turner

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be
privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
in error, please immediately notify the address@hidden and destroy the original
message.