RE: [ft] Oversized "O"

From: Anton Zemlyanov
Subject: RE: [ft] Oversized "O"
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:05:08 +0400

Hanno,

You should probably know that TT fonts have special "fitting" or
"hinting" process that uses byte interpreter to improve the quality of
small fonts. Unfortunately this works good for monochrome fonts only (MS
seems to never use anti-aliasing for small font sizes). I found that
anti-aliasing is not very beautiful for small font sizes (and on the
contrary is desirable for large sizes). I have no idea how to switch off
anti-aliasing in your environment but it certainly should help.

Anton