Re: [Freetype] problem with openoffice 1.0.1

From: Philippe Hemmel
Subject: Re: [Freetype] problem with openoffice 1.0.1
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:21:34 +0100

Thank you for your answer !

The problem seems to be a bit complex :
- someone told me that after migrating to libxft2, he can see again small size
fonts in openoffice.
- I've tested the openoffice development version (644), and it works !

So, three way to fix this bug ... Your way is interesting, but now I'm using
the freetype2 library modified by David Chester (213 was very good, and this
one even better !). I guess there is no patch for this one.

So I'm waiting for Mandrake 9.1, which will include libxft2. I'm very
impatient to see how it works !

Philippe

PS : I've understood that 2.1.4 version won't include the David Chester's
patch. That's a bit disapointing, I hope he will supply a modified 2.1.4
version !