[Freetype] bdf-to-otf [Re: Help with font improvement]

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: [Freetype] bdf-to-otf [Re: Help with font improvement]
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:36:17 +0300

On Saturday 21 December 2002 23:00, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
|  VP> Current packaging of BDF/PCF fonts in XFree86 CVS is just waste of
|  VP> disk space, and bandwidth to download.  This should be corrected
|  VP> ASAP, IMHO.
|
|  There's no chance at all of the switch happening in 4.3.0.
|
|  Actually, I do not expect to have any significant amount of time for
|  Free software before March.  (Don't take this to imply the converse: I
|  might very well not have time in March either.)

ok, this is quite understandable.
I just had impression that your bdf-to-otf program was very close to be
completed, and expected it to appear in 4.3.0.
Do you have a web page where you host it?
If not - may be, it worth to create project at SourceForge so that people
would be able to see your work (and may be, hack on it)?

BTW:  Do you have some updated results for BDF-to-OTF font conversion?
I remember that you have posted results some time ago, and wondering wether
there was some progress since that time.
Can you pls also elaborate what are *not fixed* issues with current code (and
whaty prevents you from using it on XFree86's BDF fonts right now)?

|  I'm sorry, Vadim, but I do have a daytime job.

That's not bad, as not everyone has daily job.