Re: [Freetype] Can I use True Type korean Fonts in the Microwindow ?

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Can I use True Type korean Fonts in the Microwindow ?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:44:11 +0300

On Monday 23 December 2002 11:03, 박 지현 wrote:
|  Hello,
|
|  I know that Microwindows use the open source Freetype library to TrueType
|  fonts.
|  I tested Freetype(version 2.1.3) in the Microwindows.
|
|  I runed simple nano-X TrueType font application for testing English &
|  Korean TTF.
|  (Refered to http://home.twcny.rr.com/embedded/microwin/install/index.html
| ) This simple application works well with English TTF.
|  But I failed Korean TTF test. I can see broken Korean fonts only.
|  (I used baekmuk Korean TTF ftp://ftp.mizi.com/pub/baekmuk )

Hi,

Have you tried MS fonts with FreeType and Microwindows?

I have installed:
MS Hei
MS Gothic
MS Song

but not sure which of those fonts supports Korean language (and which are
Japanese/Chinese)

Can you setup some _simple_ web page demonstrating reference rendering (in
PNG) and HTML page for testing?
And, BTW, does  Baekmuk font works when you install it in MS Windows?

As the other thought: it can be that Korean TTF font (baekmuk ) uses TrueType
hints.
Than pls check wether your FreeType copy is compiled with TT ByteCode
interprerter enabled.
(such problem happens, for example, with PMingLiU font, which heavily uses TT
opcodes)

Hope this helps.