[Freetype] [HELP]Embeded bitmap fonts in Chinese ttc fonts

From: 陆然
Subject: [Freetype] [HELP]Embeded bitmap fonts in Chinese ttc fonts
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:26:25 +0800

Hi,
  I'm using gentoo 1.4rc1 with xft2 and freetype 2.1.3, both compiled from
source without using the emerge of gentoo. I've found a problem,may be a bug,
when using simsun.ttc which is copied from Windows XP in X.
  The problem is, when I set a small font size, freetype should use the bitmap
fonts embeded in the ttf fonts, but with simsun.ttc(or some other chinese ttf
fonts shipped in Windows XP, like simhei.ttf, simkai.ttf), ONLY Chinese
charactors use the bitmap fonts when font size is small. It seems that
freetype is failed to find the bitmap fonts for the English charactors(also
some symbols in iso8859-1 I think). But if I use a pure English ttf fonts, it
works well. And BTW, XTT in xfree 4.1 or 4.2 can get those missing English
bitmap fonts in Chinese ttf fonts without problem.
  So is it a known bug of freetype or it's a problem with xft2? it's not a big
problem it's quite annoy and I hope I can find a solution. thx