Re: [Freetype] Re: FTGL fuzzy bitmap font

From: Henry Maddocks
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: FTGL fuzzy bitmap font
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:09:22 +1200

The answer to your problem all depends on what you mean by fuzzy. If you are definitely using bitmaps then they can't be fuzzy by definition, they are on or off.

Couple of possibilities...

The glyphs are broken. I've seen this in dev versions of freetype. The last version I have any faith in is 2.0.9. I haven't tried 2.1.2 yet.

Texture fonts are easy to get wrong because people tend to render them too big. You need to keep as close to 1 texel to 1pixel as possible other wise the can get real blurry.

Email me directly with a screen grab and I'll see if I can sort it out for you. Get my email address from the FTGL website.

Henry