Re: [Freetype] CIDFont support

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Freetype] CIDFont support
Date: 13 Apr 2002 22:31:38 +0100

Allen Zhao <address@hidden>:

AZ>     Adobe does have its own CID cmap format. But I believe the new
AZ> CID standard is actually using the open type format, where cmap table
AZ> is exactly the same as in truetype v1.0.

We are not speaking of OpenType/CFF (which FreeType 2 is believed to
fully support).  We are speaking of Adobe's CIDFont format which
requires an on-disk ``CMap'' file.  As you rightly mention, this
format is being phased out, but there are still a lot of high-quality
East-Asian CIDFonts around, and we do want to support them.

                                        Juliusz