Re: [Freetype] CIDFont support

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Freetype] CIDFont support
Date: 11 Apr 2002 17:18:49 +0100

>> And is the code for base CIDFonts complete?

WL> What do you mean with `base CIDFonts'?

In the PostScript object system, a CIDFont is not a Font at all.  In
order to get a Font instance (an object that you can apply ``setfont''
to), you need to apply a CMap to a CIDFont.

Colloquially, people often say ``CIDFont'' when they mean ``a Font
instance obtained from a CIDFont''.  I was merely trying to make it
clear that I'm speaking of structures with no CMaps involved.

                                        Juliusz