[Freetype] Embedded software - using free type

From: Nir Rostoker
Subject: [Freetype] Embedded software - using free type
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:56:52 +0200

Hi !
I would like to have true type fonts on an embedded environment, moreover, I
want to use it both for Asian languages and western languages (as far as I
know TTF files of Asian fonts are quite big - around 0.5M or more).
The main problem for me is that I need to run on very low RAM memory (but I
have enough ROM ....)
Does anyone worked with TTF on an embedded environment ? Does anyone can
recommend what should I use so I could use true type font with very low RAM
memory consumption (around 5k-10k ....).
Does anyone know products that are designed for it ?

I would appreciate any help...

Thanks,
Nir