[Freetype] bad rendering of MS Gothic

From: Matthias Benkmann
Subject: [Freetype] bad rendering of MS Gothic
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:27:09 +0100

Hallo,
I have set the MS Gothic ttf font as the font to be used for Japanese text
in Mozilla under XFree86 4.1.0 (with freetype module) and I noticed that
the rendering of this font sucks (Times New Roman is rendered okay,
though). I checked it with ftview and it also gives a bad rendering (size
range 14 to 18) unless I pass the -B switch. Who is to blame here
(FreeType, Mozilla, XFree86, me) and is there a way to get a rendering of
MS Gothic as good as on Windows with Mozilla?

Thanks in advance.

MSB

----
A psychologist is a man who watches everyone else when a beautiful
girl enters the room.