[Freetype] pixel size

From: Wallace Chigona
Subject: [Freetype] pixel size
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:56:16 +0200

Hi guys,
I had asked this question before, now let me rephrase it a bit.

I want to render characters either as filled polygons or as bitmaps.
For the polygons, I obtain the outline of the font and render it as
normal polygon in openGL.  For bitmaps I use freetype and just transfer
the bitmap using openGL.

My problem is with the polygons:  When I render the coordinates which I
obtain from freetype, the object is (very) smaller  than the bitmap
equivalent.  I have to scale the polygon so that it is visible.  I don't
want to do the scaling in openGL, I would like to obtain an outline
whose size is (almost) equal to the bitmap.

I tried this formular which I obtained from freetype documentation:
pixel_Size =  pointSize * resolution/72;
pixel_coord = grid_coord * pixel_size /EM_size;

The EM_size is = 1000, my resolution = 89.  Still the sizes which I am
getting are smaller and I have to scale the glyphs.

What am I missing?

regards,

Wallace