Re: [Freetype] freetype tools fail reading truetype-fonts under windows

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] freetype tools fail reading truetype-fonts under windows
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 14:40:22 +0200

Hello Elvira,

Elvira Otto a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've sucessfully compiled freetype 2.04 as a static library
> under win nt 4.0 using the Borland free compiler 5.51
> (including patches 1 and 2).
>
> However every tool (e.g. ftdump, ftmemchk, etc.) fails reading
> a truetype-font (e.g. arial, times,...) with following error message:
>
> "Could not find / open file" although the fonts are in the current
> directory. The Error is returned by the function "FT_New_Face.
>
> What about this problem? Maybe an Endian-problem, a bad alignment
> or missing definitions while compiling?

First of all, are you using the _full_ font name, e.g.:

   ftview 12 arial.ttf

instead of

   ftview 12 arial

I have no problem here with the test tools, compiled with the same
compiler than you (on Windows 2000). Note that when compiling with
the Borland or Visual compilers, you won't be able to use wildcards
on the command line, like:

  ftview 12 *.ttf

this works with gcc-compiled executables though..

Cheers,

- David