Re: [Freetype] Re: [Render] PS Type1 vs. TrueType

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: [Render] PS Type1 vs. TrueType
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:54:54 +0000

On Friday 13 July 2001 13:10, David Turner wrote:
|   Hi Vadim,
|
|     Again, I had to strip the Render mailing list..
|
|   > Thanks to pinting out that native PS TYpe1 hints are ignored.
|   > When we can expect release with support for native hints?
|
|   Sorry, can't give any reasonable release date, I'm just too
|   busy currently, and I feel a little "burnt out" by FreeType
|   these days.

I see.

|   This means that I have great difficulties to hack the code
|   within.. and I'm adding features to the "patch" branch very
|   slowly currently.. This will probably only last a couple more
|   weeks I imagine, I really need some vacations :-)

May be, addition of new good fonts, and increased user base will inspire you
a little bit! :-)
A appreciate a lot how open people from different projects, cooperate with
each other, etc.
So, "later" or "some time in the future" is much better than "never" or *no
reply*.
FT2 in many aspects better than TT engine in Windows (haven't tried TT engine
on MacOS). Keep it going!

Have a nice vacation!

|   Cheers,
|
|   - David