[Freetype] DNS problem solved

From: David Turner
Subject: [Freetype] DNS problem solved
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 19:35:28 +0100

Hello,

  this is just to inform you that the DNS problem that we've
  experienced with "www.freetype.org" is now solved and that
  the situation should return to normal in a few days, given
  that reloading DNS caches takes time..

  the origin of our problems was that "www.freetype.org" was
  registered in the Whois database as a DNS name server, under
  the IP 195.154.213.72. This record has now been deleted

  Kudos go to "Mr. DNS" (address@hidden) for noticing that
  the root ".org" name servers returned the address of
  "www.freetype.org" directly, and to Gandi's (www.gandi.net)
  support services for exploring the whois database and
  indicating the problem.

  I admit, it was probably my fault, but neither I nor most of
  the people I had consulted on the subject before (including
  a few ISP technicians :-) could think about such a simple
  "solution"..

Regards,

- David