erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] A few items .. and a sample make script

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] A few items .. and a sample make script
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:15:48 -0500 (EST)

The lsr example clarifies quite a few points just touched on in
the documentation. On to further experiments :)

FYI - I made a trivial make.sh in my top directory so I can quickly drop
and recreate the schema as I experiment.

Here is make.sh in its entirety for others (you need to createthe forms
and defs directories under the directory at first where you are working.
In my case - Fedora Core 3 I used /var/www/html/lsr which was just a cp -r
of the example/lsr in the tarball. Probably obvious to most, but oh well -
it's here anyway. Put this in the /var/www/html/lsr directory and run it.

-- snip --
#!/bin/bash -x

export ERWFILE=lsr.xml

yes | mysqladmin drop lsr
mysqladmin create lsr
echo 'grant all  on lsr.* to address@hidden identified by "lsr" with grant
option;' | mysql
ertool --sql < ${ERWFILE} | mysql lsr -u lsr --password=lsr
rm -f defs/*
cd defs
yes | ertool --defs < ../${ERWFILE}
cd -
rm -f forms/*
cd forms
yes | ertool --default-forms < ../${ERWFILE}
cd -
--- snip ---

Mille grazie!

Alfred