Re: [Dvdrtools-users] support status for Sony DRU-500A?

From: Eric Webb
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] support status for Sony DRU-500A?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:49:32 +0000

On Monday 02 December 2002 04:02 am, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:

> I had problems writing CD-R/RW media until I found out that the drive
> is /very/ pick about the speeds, it's either 4x, 16x, or 24x, nothing
> inbetween (ie, you have to write to that 8x media at 4x).
>
> This is using verbatim CD-R media w/ firmware 1.0d.

Hmm, I should've posted this much earlier, but I did finally have success.  I
updated the drive to 1.0d (was 1.0c) and then tried a different disc.  I
think for some reason the original CD-RW I was using got toasted (was brand
new).  In this case I was using 70-min Memorex CD-RW.

> I've still not managed to write a DVD in linux =/

That's next, one of these days.  Still farting around with mjpegtools,
vcdimager and cdrdao ;)

-E.