Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Difference between dvdrtools and cdrecord-prodvd?

From: Greg C. Madden
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Difference between dvdrtools and cdrecord-prodvd?
Date: 14 Oct 2002 13:39:26 -0800

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 06:17, Dr. Tilmann Bubeck wrote:
> Could you tell me, what the difference is, between dvdrtools and
> cdrecord-prodvd? As far as I can tell, both are for writing dvd-rw
> (minus). Is there any fundamental difference between them (license?,
> features?)?
>
> What is the better supported dvd format for linux? os it dvd-rw or dvd+rw?
> To me it seems, that dvd+rw is the faster and better format, but it seems
> to lack good software support. Is this right? does dvdrtools support
> dvd+rw?
>
> Thanks for your help, couldn't find anything in the FAQ.
>
> Till

dvdrtools. dvdreord, is a fork of cdrecord , a GPL program. dvdrecord is
a GPL program. cdrecord-prodvd is not libre software though it is free
beer for personal; use.

Thats the licensing diff, functionally on my dvd-r recorder both do the
same thing except dvdrecord is easier to use.
--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux