[Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD-RW -- NT doesn't include UDF filesystem suppor

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD-RW -- NT doesn't include UDF filesystem support
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:17:20 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting MAL <address@hidden>:
> Doesn't this incorrectly suggest that you can't use the ISO9660
> filesystem with DVD-RW or CD-RW?  And that you can /only/ use packet
> writing with RW media.

Well, you got me there.  Unfortunately there are an endless number of issues,
capabilities, etc... that I cannot list them in one Email (but I'm working on a
FAQ ;-).

With that said, _if_ the drive is supported by the "Record" software, you should
be able to "Record" an ISO9660 image to "rewrite" media.  It's the exact same
procedure as going to "write once" media, except it can be erased (DVD-RW
usually doesn't need to be erased, DVD+RW usually does) and re-written.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA