Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3 or not?

From: MRob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3 or not?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 08:01:28 +0000

Thank you for kind response Aaron. For long time problems were for the age of the duplicity version in CentOS repos. Recently that position becames better but ensuing problems became worse when duplicity removed in-built support for B2 backend, now B2 must be take from pip3 (iirc) so where the version conflicts become terrible. Even so far as library installed for pip conflict and break certbot and solution very obscure to take couple days googling. Not sure for the detail is important since duplicity team maybe make decision b2 is not your responsibility but at least in b2 users must beware that 2.7 duplicity is a problem.

Understand its a big job and its free software so cant complain only thank you for many years of error free backups.