Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3 or not?

From: Mike Gorse
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3 or not?
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 09:53:54 -0600 (CST)

There is a Launchpad blueprint for it, and people have attempted to do a port. I suspect that it isn't done yet due to lack of time and it being non-trivial (mostly because of string vs. bytes changes in python 3).
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/duplicity/+spec/adorn-string-literals

I've been trying to work on porting the code, since SUSE will likely need to have it ported. I submitted a merge request last week for a first pass, but it is a very large patch that someone would need to look over.